What are you doing for Lent?
For this week’s episode of The Catholic Talk Show, Ryan Scheel, Ryan DellaCrosse, and Fr. Rich Pagano revisit the episode, “5 Things You Didn’t Know About Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, & Lent.”
The guys discuss the following topics:
- What foods do Catholics eat on Fat Tuesday?
- Where do the ashes come from for Ash Wednesday?
- What foods can’t Catholics eat during Lent?
- The Catholic origins of the McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish
- The traditional 40-day beer-only Lenten fast
Watch this week’s episode below:
“I’m sure you are looking forward to Lent, not mainly for those feast days, but to truly put on the practices of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving,” Fr. Pagano encourages.
“This is what boils down to who we truly are: ashes to ashes, dust to dust. We remember our mortality and we remember the capacity of our humanity for greatness and our communion with Christ who is actively redeeming us in the celebration of our faith.”