What are your thoughts about this Lenten idea?
Actor and entertainment journalist Mario Lopez shared his Lenten plans in an inspiring Ash Wednesday video message.
The Saved by the Bell actor begins his post with the caption, “A kind gesture can cultivate compassion, because it’s more blessed to give than to receive. Give and it will be given back to you.”
He then concludes with an inspiring Lenten message for his followers.
Here’s video below:
— Mario Lopez (@mariolopezviva) February 26, 2020
“Peace and love on this blessed day of Ash Wednesday. I was trying to think of what I should give up for Lent, and I was thinking alcohol. But that’s no fun. I’ve done that before,” Lopez begins.
“Cigars? No. Chocolate? I do have a sweet tooth. Bread?
“But you know what? I was also thinking, instead of giving something up, what if I give something to someone? Like money, my time, or an opportunity that they might not otherwise have. I think it’s cooler to give.
“What do y’all think? Give something up or give? Because I’m already giving up meat on Fridays. That’s a struggle right there. My Catholic peeps know what’s up with that.”
Lopez later posted a picture of himself with a priest:
— Mario Lopez (@mariolopezviva) February 27, 2020
The full post reads, “Remember you are dust and to dust you shall return… #AshWednesday #Lent #Catholic”.
Lopez followed up with an additional post encouraging greater virtue. The post encourages fasting from hurting others, fasting from sadness, fasting from anger, etc. He posted an image with Pope Francis’ words.
Here’s the photo below:
The post reads, “In the words of Pope Francis:
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
- Fast from worries and have trust in God.
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
- Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.”
What do you think of his idea?