22 Beautiful Altars Worthy of the Sacrifice of the Mass
Well, at least as worthy as they can be this side of heaven...
Some of these altars are in big, famous churches. Other are in small churches that are only locally known. But all of them are beautiful.
[See also: 21 Absolutely Breathtaking Church Ceilings from Around the World]
You can click on any image to enlarge it.
1) St. Stephen’s Cathedral – Vienna, Austria
2) St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Cathedral – New York City, NY
3) Basilique Notre-Dame – Montreal, Canada
4) St. Stephens Basilica – Budapest, Hungary
5) Saint Cecilia’s Church – St. Louis, MO
6) Iglesia de Santa María Magdalena – Mondéjar, Spain
7) St. Francis Xavier Church – Amsterdam, Netherlands
8) Saint Patrick’s Catholic Church – New Orleans, LA
9) St. Pierre Church – Avignon, France
10) St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church – New York City, NY
11) St. Francis de Sales Oratory – Saint Louis, MO
12) St. Peter’s Basilica – Vatican City
13) St. Turibius Chapel – Columbus, OH
14) St. Jean Baptiste Catholic Church – New York City, NY
15) St Augustine’s Church – London, U.K.
16) Mission Basilica San Juan Capistrano – San Juan Capistrano, CA
17) Basilica del Santisimo Sacramento – Buenos Aires, Argentina
18) Catedral Basílica Notre-Dame – Ottawa, Canada
19) St. Thomas Church – New York City, NY
20) Cathedral of St. Paul – St. Paul, MN
21) St. Nicholas Ukranian Greek Catholic Church – Chicago, IL
22) St. John Cantius Catholic Church – Chicago, IL